Session-managment

Steven P. Ulrick ulrick2 at faith4miracle.org
Sun Feb 15 07:20:43 GMT 2004

On Sun, 15 Feb 2004 04:21:43 +0100
Rainer Wirtz <rainer.wirtz at gmx.de> wrote:

> Am Samstag, 14. Februar 2004 21:01 schrieb Pascal Brück:
> > Am Samstag 14 Februar 2004 20:03 schrieb Rainer Wirtz:
> > > Hi,
> > > In settings->sessionmanagment I can choose if I want to:
> > >
> > > *restore previous session
> > > *start an empty session
> > > *restore a manually saved session
> > >
> > > So far so good, but, how do I save a session manually???
> >
> > Check out dcop. A nice tool to explore this functionality is kdcop.
> >
> > $ dcop ksmserver ksmserver saveCurrentSession
>
> Nice, seems to work. However, I thought that there's a button
> somewhere that I've overlooked. Maybe I'm going to add one myself and
> send in a patch.
>
> Danke
>
> Rainer

Hello, Everyone :)
I installed KDE 3.2 from the RPM's for Fedora Core 1 that are available
from ftp.kde.org.  I have no idea how I got it, but I have an icon in my
start menu, third from the bottom, that says "Save Session"  I was quite
suprised/pleased to find it there :)  I haven't tried it yet, but after
a download I'm doing finishes (about 15 minutes), I'll give it a shot.
If it doesn't work, I'll let you know.  I'll even try to find out if
there's a setting I can tell you about to enable it :)

Steven P. Ulrick