kde 3.2 rc 1 - konqueror web browser font sizes

James Richard Tyrer tyrerj at acm.org
Sat Feb 7 20:24:41 GMT 2004

F.A. Dresken wrote:
> The only problem with my konqi is that flash 6 wont work, if you know a
> solution it will make me happy.

I think that the problem is that this is a Mozilla plugin.  If it is
properly installed in Mozilla, KDE doesn't seem to use it because it
doesn't know where to look for the XPT file.

My solution is as follows:

Create directory: $KDEDIR/share/nsplugins/

Copy the files:

	flashplayer.xpt
	libflashplayer.so

from the unpacked Flash down load to the new directory.

Make sure that they are world executable (chmod 755).

Open a Konsole in that directory and execute:

	ldd libflashplayer.so

Did LD.SO find everything it needed?  If you get an error, install whatever
is missing.

Open Konqueror.  From the menu: Settings -> Configure Konqueror

In the left window of the widget click the: "Plugins" icon.

Make sure that: "Enable plugins globally" is checked.

Add the new directory to the top of the: "Scan Folders" list.

You might want to delete folders that you don't use but it doesn't matter.

Click: "Apply"

Click: "Scan for New Plugins"

Click: "OK"

Go to: http://www.eye4u.com/