Kappfinder

Florian Rustedt florian at rustedt.de
Sat Feb 7 13:54:36 GMT 2004

Well, as far as i am using Gentoo, what is like debian in structure, there are
no Distro-based menues, all is like a fresh downloaded source from the
different servers (kde, etc..).
So there are only that things available in the kde-menu, that are available
through the sources.
As far as i can see, there's a rudimentary menu-filesystem
in /usr/share/apps/kappfinder/applnk/.
This is exactly that, what kappfinder shows up. I am pretty sure, that
kappfinder is NOT searching ANYWHERE.
It just shows up this little damned directory and that's it.

I hoped, that it is capable to search through /usr/bin and compares it to the
available icons, so that i can find any new app just by searching for newer
apps...

Well, seems that someone must do tihs, i am no programmer, so i think, because
this is a small interest, nobody will do it..