kde 3.2 rc 1 - konqueror web browser font sizes

Mar_10 mar_10 at interia.pl
Sat Feb 7 12:37:29 GMT 2004

> i'm using kde 3.2 rc1 on a clean fedora core 1 installation.
> out of the box, the fonts for common sites such as google.com & hotmail.com
> seem way too big, especially "buttons" relative to underlying text size,
> such as "Google Search" and "I'm Feeling Lucky" at google.com.
> adjusting the font size in "settings->fonts->medium font size" and
> "settings->fonts->font size adjustment for this encoding" don't seem to have
> any effect.
> the sites look fine in mozilla 1.4.1 and mozilla firebird 0.7 so i don't
> think it is a display/kdebase problem.

I have exactly the same with 3.2 final release built from Mandrake Cooker
SRPMS and installed on my mandrake 9.2 box. There are differencies in font
sizes rendering between sites and most of sites are rendered using huge fonts
which break their layout. E.g. www.cnn.com is rendered wrongly - huge fonts
breaks site layout and www.yahoo.com seems to be rendered correctly,
microsoft.com is quite ok too :P . For the sites rendered using big fonts i
can press "Decrease Font Sizes" button twice and then it's ok but setting
disappears after browser restart.
List of my favourite sites which for sure were correctly rendered in
previously installed KDE3.1.3 and now are broken:
www.cnn.com
www.pclinuxonline.com
www.my-siemens.com
www.interia.pl
www.wyborcza.pl
www.onet.pl
www.linuxnews.pl

Konqi is my primary browser and now it becomes pretty unusable as the most of
my favourites sites are rendered wrongly. Does anyone know any fix?

BRs
Marcin