RealAudio

James Richard Tyrer tyrerj at acm.org
Mon Feb 2 19:07:53 GMT 2004

Should I be able to open a URL like this:

rtsp://real.npr.na-central.speedera.net/real.npr.na-central/atc/20040131_atc_05.rm

directly in Konqueror if I have a program specificed for the MIME type:

	audio/x-pn-realaudio

??

Nothing happens.

This URL is in an SMIL file:

--------8<--------8<--------8<--------8<--------8<--------8<--------8<--------8<
<smil>
2004" />
<audio
src="rtsp://real.npr.na-central.speedera.net/real.npr.na-central/atc/20040131_atc_05.rm"\

  title="McCain Backs Independent Probe of Iraq Threat Assessment - All\
  Things Considered - Saturday, January 31, 2004"\
  author="http://www.npr.org/" copyright="2004" />
</smil>
--------8<--------8<--------8<--------8<--------8<--------8<--------8<--------8<
{Newline '\' added}

Which won't work either.

With RealPlayer, it opens but nothing happens.

I had to use XKill to close it.

With Kaboodle, the SMIL file, Kaboodle opens and does nothing.

With the URL, I have another problem.  I can't get Konqueror to stop using
RealPlayer despite having specificed: "Embedded Media Player" for the MIME
type.

--
JRT