Upgrading from 3.1 to 3.3.2

Thomas McGuire thomasmg at web.de
Wed Dec 29 15:45:00 GMT 2004

On Tuesday 28 December 2004 05:05, kevincpyeung1974-kde at yahoo.com.sg
wrote:
> Hi all
Hi,

> I'm trying to upgrade my KDE from 3.1 to 3.3.2 on SuSE
> 9.0, and I got the following dependency problems.
>
> I understand that kdelibs3_doc can be installed first
> by using the -U or -I flag. How about libqca and
> libbluetooth?
No idea.

> In general, how should I go about resolving these
> problems? I tried rpmfind but I don't always find what
> I need.
Try to ignore the conflict. If you really need that package and can not
find the correct rpm for it, you have to compile from source, which
certainly is not easy. If you decide to compile from source, use
"checkinstall" instead of "make install", which will build the rpm file
for you.

> kevin at kitty:~/kde332> rpm -F --test *.rpm
> error: Failed dependencies:
>         kdebase3-SuSE <= 9.0 conflicts with
AFAIK you have to uninstall the SuSE extensions for KDE (kdebase3-SuSE),
they don't work anymore for more recent KDE versions.

Hope that helps,
Thomas