Remote login - xdm

Basil Fowler bjfowler at chanzy.eclipse.co.uk
Mon Dec 27 09:47:42 GMT 2004

Larry,

The reason is probably security.  You should use an encrypted link ( X does
support them ) between the remote computer and the login computer. But for a
simple home network behind a firewall, this is unnecessary.

Security considerations are the reason that remote logins are disabled by
default and why it is necessary to modify the Xaccess files.

Basil Fowler