Desktop Icons question

Lane lane at joeandlane.com
Thu Dec 23 23:13:06 GMT 2004

On Thursday 23 December 2004 16:00, Thomas McGuire wrote:
> On Thursday 23 December 2004 16:26, Lane wrote:
> > How can I direct kde to display a thumbnail of a random .jpg file when
> > I place it on the desktop, instead of the mime icon for .jpg?
>
> For me, it works be checking RMB-> Configure Desktop-> Behavior-> File
> Icons -> Show Icon Previews for-> Images.
>
> I am using KDE 3.4 Alpha.
>
> Hope that helps,
> Thomas
Yeah!  This is what I thought, too.  But I have that checked and still no
preview.

I unchecked it, applied it, refreshed the desktop, logged out, logged back in,
rechecked it, refreshed again, and still no images.

The thumbnail images show up fine in konqueror, just not on the desktop.

Thanks for your input.

lane