Warning message filling up .xsession-errors

Francesco Biscani bluescarni at gmail.com
Mon Dec 20 16:17:56 GMT 2004

Disclaimer: I'm not subscribed to the list, so please CC me when replying.
Thanks.

Hi,

I recently found out that my ~/.xsession-errors file is filled up with lines
like this:

QFile::open: No file name specified,

which are spitted out regularly, about once per second. The message seems
unharmful, but it is annoying nevertheless... It begins right after
kbuildsycoca exits, for example here's my .xsession-errors:

xset:  bad font path element (#73), possible causes are:
    Directory does not exist or has wrong permissions
    Directory missing fonts.dir
    Incorrect font server address or syntax
startkde: Starting up...
QPixmap: Cannot create a QPixmap when no GUI is being used
QPixmap: Cannot create a QPixmap when no GUI is being used
Invalid entry (missing '=')
at /home/yardbird/.kde3.3/share/apps/ksplash/Themes/ssung/Theme.rc:7
Invalid entry (missing '=')
at /home/yardbird/.kde3.3/share/apps/ksplash/Themes/ssung/Theme.rc:7
QPixmap: Cannot create a QPixmap when no GUI is being used
QPixmap: Cannot create a QPixmap when no GUI is being used
kbuildsycoca running...
QFile::open: No file name specified
QFile::open: No file name specified
QFile::open: No file name specified
QFile::open: No file name specified
QFile::open: No file name specified
QFile::open: No file name specified
QFile::open: No file name specified
QFile::open: No file name specified
QFile::open: No file name specified
QFile::open: No file name specified
QFile::open: No file name specified
QFile::open: No file name specified
QFile::open: No file name specified
[...]

and so on.

The message does not appear on freshly created users, so I guess my
configuration is a bit broken. I've tried stopping all services and
background stuff, but still no way. I think this could be related to kded or
ksmserver, but at this point I don't know how to proceed to debug this. Can
anyone help?

Thanks,

  Francesco