Error Message While Booting

Forum.Mail forum.mail at gmx.net
Sat Dec 18 22:57:56 GMT 2004

Hi Larry,

I have the same problem; new to Linux and the same error at startup. I
wrote a mail to this list earlier, and am also awaiting a reply to solve
the problem.

I described it as follows:
" ... every time I activate the 'Show device icons:' in the KDE Control
Centre's "Desktop -> Behaviour -> Device Icons", an error message popup
appears during logon: "Could not start process. Unable to create
io-slave: klauncher said: Unknown protocol 'devices'" ..."

So I deactivated the "Show device icons". It does not solve the problem,
but the error message is gone for now. Hopefully someone can tell us how
to use the "'Show device icons:" without the error.

:-)
Al