Error Message While Booting

Larry L. Davis larryldavis at bak.rr.com
Sat Dec 18 22:05:42 GMT 2004

  Hello to all,

I am a newbie to Linux, running Suse 9.2 and KDE 3.3.0 in a dual boot
environment with Windows XP Pro. Within the last 48 hours (I have been
up and running with Linux for about 2 weeks) I have been getting the
following message when I reboot:

*ERROR - KDESKTOP

Could not start process unable to create io-slave:

Klauncer said: Unknown protocol devices*

I can't figure out what I have done to cause this or what to do to
correct it. The system itself seems to be operating fine, without any
actual failures, but the notice each time I reboot is annoying and I
want KDE desktop to run correctly.

Any help you can provide will be appreciated.

Larry