remote desktop question

Larry Howe larry.howe at comjet.com
Wed Dec 15 05:07:52 GMT 2004

On Tuesday 14 December 2004 04:20, Sylvain "Skarsnik" Colinet wrote:
> Hi.
> I want to use the remote desktop feature to use my computer at work.
> I can only access my computer with ssh and I want to start the krfb
> server to access my desktop, So is there a trick to start the server
> and configure it only on ssh ?

Not sure why you need to start it via ssh? I was able to go into Desktop
Sharing and set up my computer at work to "accept uninvited connections" and
"allow uninvited connections to control the desktop". Now, if I VPN into my
work network, I just startup Remote Desktop Connection on my end and type my
computer's name into the box, it asks me for the password, and then I have a
window with the remote computer's desktop in it, which I can control.

Note that this is a little bit different than getting a remote login. By the
way, if you know of a way to do a remote X Window login, I'd be interested in
knowing how to set that up.

Suse91 / KDE 3.2

Larry