aRts - "Test Sound" button failure

alupu at verizon.net alupu at verizon.net
Mon Dec 13 17:07:15 GMT 2004

Esben, Gary:
  Thank you for your kind words and interest in this problem.

On Sunday 12 December 2004 21:47 Esben Mose Hansen wrote:

> On Sunday 12 December 2004 20:26, Gary L. Greene Jr. wrote:

>> The aRTs ogg issue was fixed in 3.3.2 and
>> is a known breakage in 3.3.1

> Ah, thanks. I had just installed a fresh AMD-64, so I had only
> just quit looking for the problem in the  64-bitness :)
----
Guys, let's not get too hasty here.

Gary, regarding "The aRTs ogg issue was fixed in 3.3.2 ...",
 do you know this for a FACT?

1. A search on 'arts' in the "KDE Mailing List Archive" doesn't
   come up with anything relevant (other than our chat).
2. A search on 'arts' in "KDE Bug Database" is equally silent on this issue.
3. What's even more damning, The "KDE 3.3.2 Changelog" has a lot of
   various fixes for "kdelibs", "kdebase", etc., but has absolutely
   NOTHING to list on "aRts".
4. For personal reasons, I wouldn't be surprised that the subject
   problem is still there in 3.3.2 (and probably beyond).

-- Alex