[SLE] Annoyance KDE SUSE 9.2

Peter B Van Campen peterb at vancampen.org
Sun Dec 12 23:21:56 GMT 2004

Hi Folks,

There is a real bothersome bug in KDE on SUSE 9.2 and some earlier
releases. Often I find that the highlighted line is 'flickering' or
jiggling and therefore un selectable.

Example: lft click on the SUSE menu (Geeko's smiling head) and the menu
top lvl pops up and instead of one and only one entry being highlighted
there is a flickering highlighted line but when you try to pick a line
via the mouse the highlighting jumps all over, always escaping the
mouse cursor. Work-around: use the KB arrow keys (up or dn) and then
one entry becomes properly highlighted. Now after that it will act
correctly.

I often see this beheaviour in Konqi file mgr displays. There will be a
flickering or quivering highlight on a line, but you cannot move it
around with the mouse; move it with the KB arrow keys just once and it
will stay correct for that window.

I see this on several machines and on 8.2, 9.1, and 9.2 These PCs have
nvidia cards, and some have the nvidia 3D drivers running and some are
not.

Have any of you seen this odd bug? I have reported it via 'feedback' two
times now, but as you know we rarely ever get any answer back.

PeterB

Proud SUSE user since 5.2
Loving SUSE 9.2
My BLOG == http://vancampen.org/blog