kdm pam conversation

a a regn20032 at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 20 06:34:01 BST 2004

Hi,
   I am writing a PAM module which has a PAM
conversation function to prompt the user for
additional information during desktop login.
    It failed to work in kde 3.1 and 3.2.
      I found that the kdm's pam input compliance is
fixed in kde 3.2, but still the pam conversation
fucntion fails.  The PAM conversation works correctly
with the login program and GDM.
  Is it required to write additional modules for this
to work with KDM?

Thanks in Advance,
A.

--- Yevgeniy Makarov <emakarov at cs.indiana.edu> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am using KDE 3.2, and I am trying to use Konsole
> with a font that has
> Russian letters. I have several such PCF fonts
> installed on my computer.
> For example, when I run "xterm -fn koi10x20," I can
> see Russian letters.
> However, when I run "konsole -fn koi10x20," it first
> complains:
>
> QFont::setRawMode(): Invalid XLFD: "koi10x20"
>
> (koi10x20 is an alias). When I use the full name:
>
> konsole -fn

-cronyx-fixed-medium-r-normal--20-200-75-75-c-100-koi8-r