Fonts in Konsole

Yevgeniy Makarov emakarov at cs.indiana.edu
Fri Aug 20 05:58:32 BST 2004

Hello,

I am using KDE 3.2, and I am trying to use Konsole with a font that has
Russian letters. I have several such PCF fonts installed on my computer.
For example, when I run "xterm -fn koi10x20," I can see Russian letters.
However, when I run "konsole -fn koi10x20," it first complains:

QFont::setRawMode(): Invalid XLFD: "koi10x20"

(koi10x20 is an alias). When I use the full name:

konsole -fn -cronyx-fixed-medium-r-normal--20-200-75-75-c-100-koi8-r

it just ignores it and starts with the normal font.

Any suggestions?

Thank you,
Yevgeniy

P.S. Probably because KDE is installed wrong on our system, Konsole also
prints many warnings similar to

kdecore (KIconLoader): WARNING: Icon directory /usr/share/icons/hicolor/
group 48x48/stock/document not valid.

I don't know if this is relevant.