Printing Acrobat documents

Des Dougan des at DouganConsulting.com
Thu Aug 19 05:43:08 BST 2004

I've recently upgraded from SuSE 9.0 to 9.1 (KDE 3.1 to 3.2.1) and am
having an odd printing problem since then.

I print using CUPS to a LaserJet 4L and am having problems printing some
PDFs to this printer. All other files, and some (simple) PDFs print
fine. More complex PDFs (i.e. other than those created by
OpenOffice.org, as far as I can tell) fail to print. The printer status
light flashes once and goes back to steady, rather than flashing during
the processing of the job - so the job seems to be getting sent to the
printer, but it seems to ignore it.

CUPS versions are:

cups-drivers-stp-1.1.20-60
cups-drivers-1.1.20-60
cups-client-1.1.20-103
cups-1.1.20-103
cups-libs-1.1.20-103

Acrobat Reader is the latest from Adobe.

This is an issue for me as one of the PDFs is a form from my medical
insurance that I fill out in Acrobat then print. I was able to print
prior to the upgrade.

I'd appreciate any pointers in debugging this.

Thanks,

Des

--

Des Dougan, Principal
Dougan Consulting Group

Ph: 604-980-2848       Email: des at DouganConsulting dot com

	www.DouganConsulting.com

Design - Implementation - Support