Missing Icons in KDE menus - Can't relocate the fix

Steven P. Ulrick ulrick2 at faith4miracle.org
Tue Aug 17 16:18:25 BST 2004

Hello, Everyone :)
A few months ago, someone, I THINK James Richard Tyrer, posted a
solution to the missing icons in Fedora Core/KDE menu's.  This issue
would manifest whether one was compiling from source or CVS.  The
solution involved symlinking certain directories.  The solution works
like a charm, but when I tried to set up a user account for my wife, she
had no icons.  I searched my own KDE archives, to no avail.  I even
looked in the online archives, but I couldn't find the email that
contained the fix I am referring to.

Any help you can give me on this is greatly appreciated :)
Steven P. Ulrick