installing a screensaver in KDE

JASON JESSO jesso1607 at rogers.com
Thu Aug 12 19:01:36 BST 2004

First in control panel->look n feel-> Screensavers

- unchecked "start screen saver automaticlly".

- compiled xscreensaver software and installed it.
(Mandrake does not package the "XMatrix" screensaver
with the xscreensaver rpm.)

- Configure xscreensaver with "xscreensaver-demo".

- Create a $HOME/.kde/Autostart/xscreensaver.desktop,
to start xscreensaver daemon on kde startup.

I removed the kde login/logout applet from the panel.
and put two icons that when clicked runs:

xscreensaver-command -lock (for locking my desktop)

and

xscreensaver-demo (for configuring xscreensaver)

 --- Ze <mmodem00 at netvisao.pt> wrote:
> Em Quinta, 12 de Agosto de 2004 14:06, o JASON JESSO
> escreveu:
> > Thx.
> >
> > I hate the kde screensavers.  So I am just using
> > xscreensaver from now on.
> >
> >  --- James Richard Tyrer <tyrerj at acm.org> wrote:

> create
> > >
> > > the

/usr/share/applnk-mdk-simplified/.hidden/ScreenSavers