konstruct

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Wed Aug 11 18:03:42 BST 2004

On Wednesday 11 August 2004 11:53, Xavier Callejas wrote:
>Hi.
>I'm compiling the lastest version of unestable kde (it is compinling
> since yesterday in the mornig :{ ), by default it's installing int
> ~/kde3.3 ok, but I already have suse 9.1 with kde 3.2.3. If the new
> installation is good how can I replace this old version with the
> new one without compiling it again????

Just change your env variables that apply, log out of X, out of the
login shell, and back in.
These are (here anyway) :
QTDIR=/root/kde3.3-beta2
KDEDIR=/root/kde3.3-beta2
KDEHOME=/root/.kdetest
LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/root/kde3.3-beta2/lib:(plus the usual suspects)

And make sure the new kde installs 'bin' dir is in the PATH before its
exported.

You'll want to fix the MANPATH also for full access to the manpages.

I do all that in my ~/.bashrc

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)