using KAddressbook categories in KMail?

James Horey jhorey at cs.unm.edu
Wed Aug 11 08:10:12 BST 2004

On Wednesday 11 August 2004 12:53 am, Albert Cervera Areny wrote:
> A Dimarts 10 Agost 2004 19:35, James Horey va escriure:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I was just wondering if anybody knew if there's a way to send an email in
> > KMail to all persons in a particular KAddressbook category without
> > selecting every person in that category? Thanks for the help!
> >
> > -James Horey
> >
> > PS: Please foward all responses back to <jhorey at cs.unm.edu> as I'm not
> > subscribed to this list. Thanks!
>
> In KMail -> compose, and click on the '...' button on the 'To:' section.
> There appear all the addresses devided in different branches of a tree
> view. In my case, the first one is 'Recent Addresses' the other one is
> 'Other Addresses' and the other two are categories I have in the
> KAddressBook. So I just have to expand that branch of the tree and all the
> contacts in that category appear. Then just selecting all of them and
> pushing the 'To' Button and that's it.
>
> Hope that's what you're looking for.
>
> Have fun!

Thanks for everybody's reply. After doing a little more research, it turns out
what I *really* want is the ability to treat KAddressbook categories as
distribution lists without actually manually creating those distribution
lists. That way, I can easily type in "Friends" on the "To:" field. Anyway,
I've filed a bugreport (86944), so please vote for it if you like the idea.
Thanks!

-James