Diacritics in Suse 9.1/KDE 3.2

Jogchum Reitsma j.reitsma at hccnet.nl
Fri Aug 6 10:10:28 BST 2004

I don't know if this a KDE-related problem, or a Suse-only issue, but I
give it a try here.

Formerly I used to enter diacritics (û, â) etc. simply by typing the
accent (^ in this example) first, en then the character that had to be
accented (e.g. u, a). Chosing the US-kb with international symbols was
sufficient for that. There was an applet in the taskbar which made it
possible to switch on the fly between US and UK keyboards.

It isn't there anymore, and inserting diacritics has become quite tedious.

Anyone with that experience? More important, how can it be solved?

By the way, I'm new to this list, so maybe it's an old and olready
answered question - my apologies in that case.

Thanks in advance, and kind greetings, Jogchum Reitsma