[suse-kde] How can I open audio CD in xmms?

Jim MacLeod j75trym at blueyonder.co.uk
Sun Aug 1 20:59:12 BST 2004

On Sunday 01 Aug 2004 20:10, Bill Wisse wrote:
> On Sunday 01 August 2004 07:56, George Stoianov wrote:
> > Hi Andrew,
> >
> > Thanks for trying to help me. Unfortunately my problem
> > is that I cannot find location of the cd drive or at
> > least the one that holds the audio files. I can go to
> > media/cdrecorder but no files are visible there and
> > typing cdaudio/ that shows up under Konqueror as the
> > location doesn't work either. I don't know what to
> > make of it.
>
> FWIIW, I still have the same problem.
> It just doesn't work.
> It's probably me who is doing the things wrong but I can't figure out what.

Apologies if this is going over old ground but, using 9.0 and XMMS -
I start Xmms, put a cd in my rom drive and right-click Xmms and select Play
File from the options. This displays the tracks on the cd from which I select
and play. Not sure what you mean by 'cannot find location of cd drive'?
HTH
Jim