konstruct problems

Christer Sandberg christer.sandberg at mdh.se
Thu Apr 22 09:34:06 BST 2004

I tried to install kde 3.2 using konstruct
After konstruct made some downloads and some successful checksum tests I
got:
 ==> Running checksum on kdesu.diff
df51c6413f72ad8766f990d98b11d6cd  download/kdesu.diff
download/kdesu.diff: FAILED
*** GAR GAR GAR!  kdesu.diff failed checksum test!  GAR GAR GAR! ***

I tried `make install' again but got the same result. I also tried to
move the file away to force make fetching a new, then I got:
Resolving ftp.kde.org... done.
Connecting to ftp.kde.org[131.220.60.97]:21... connected.
Logging in as anonymous ... Logged in!
==> SYST ... done.    ==> PWD ... done.
==> TYPE I ... done.  ==> CWD /pub/kde/stable/3.2.2/src ... done.
==> PASV ... done.    ==> RETR kdesu.diff ...
No such file `kdesu.diff'.
(it first tried to download it from ftp.du.se with the same result)

I also deleted the directory tree, untared the archive again, and
retried `make install' with the same result.

I have Mandrake 9.2 (kde 3.1.3) without modifications. I changed the
`prefix' path in gar.conf.mk but that shouldn't matter since the build
doesn't come that far. I downloaded konstruct and run it approx 21 Apr
17 GMT.

BTW: I succeeded to build a complete kde 3.2 tree using konstruct as
root without errors. However, I got stuck in lots of other problems,
which I wasn't able to solve, so I deleted that tree.
--
Christer Sandberg <csg01 at mdh.se>