DNS oddity in Konqueror/Mozilla

daniel daniel at cravingthesoulfood.org
Sun Apr 4 07:01:53 BST 2004

On April 3, 2004 11:39 pm, Des Dougan wrote:
> Following a TV ad, I went to http://dell.ca/tv to look at their current
> special offer. When I click on "Customize it", I get an error, in both
> Konqueror and Mozilla, that configure.dell.com can't be found (I also
> did an nslookup, which couldn't find it either). However, if I do the
> same thing from a Windows PC on the same network, with Mozilla, the page
> is displayed. All three browsers have the same (no) proxy configuration.
>
> It looks like a DNS issue of some sort, but I'm lost here. Can anyone
> shed any light on what's happening?

that's very odd, and i'm afraid i can't offer much other than a "works for
me".  i just checked out the site, and the "customise it" option and both
worked in konqueror.

i'm running konqueror in kde 3.2 on gentoo linux.

--
no man is an island, entire of itself.  every man is a piece of the continent,
a part of the main.  if a clod be washed away by the sea, europe is the less,