KDE for mom: an icon for ppp shell-scripts

Basil Fowler bjfowler at chanzy.eclipse.co.uk
Tue Sep 30 13:06:44 BST 2003

First write your script and check that it works from a terminal (konsole).

Then use "Menu Editor", "New Item" to create a .desktop file that will run the
script.  I would suggest putting the new menu entry in the "Internet"
submenu, but the choice is up to you. You will have to select an icon from
the large number available.

Close Menu Editor, open up the K menu and locate the new entry.  Drap and drop
the icon onto the desktop.  That's it.

Hope this helps

Basil Fowler