KDE 3.1.2 Printing does not work

Harry Wert hwert at earthlink.net
Sun Sep 7 00:11:49 BST 2003

I am running a SuSE8.2 system with kde3.1.2 and here is my problem:
ALL applications other than KDE apps print correctly using the CUPS
system. NO KDE applications print to the printer. My workaround is when
I wish to print from a kde app I print to a file instead of a printer
listed in the printer que, then execute a script which does a lpr
~/print.ps. This causes the printer to print out the kde application
correctly.

Printing from kde has not worked since upgrading my OS to SuSE8.2 from
8.1 about four months ago. Searching the archives I found a reference
stating this problem had been fixed with kde3.1.2 so I upgraded kde but
still have the same problem. All gnome apps print correctly via cups
FWIW. Can anyone point me in the right direction as I would like to get
this problem resolved?

Harry Wert
Physicist