Konqueror select boxes

Frank Bax fbax at sympatico.ca
Thu Oct 30 03:41:00 GMT 2003

On web pages with (pulldown) select boxes, what happens when you use the
keyboard is difficult to describe in abstract terms, so I'll use an
example.  If you visit any webpage that uses a select box to choose
country, then hitting the letter "C" will cause cursor to be positioned to
first country starting with a "C".  If you press "C" again, the next
country is selected.  If you keep tapping the "C" key, you effectively
scroll through all the countries starting with "C", restarting at the first
one when you reach the end.  Konqueror appears to have a feature whereby if
you tap the "C" key twice rather quickly (like a double-click, but on the
keyboard), you are taken back to the first country starting with "C".  This
might appear to be a nice feature to go back to the beginning, but I'd like
to turn it off.  We have developed forms for data entry and some of our
staff enter data rather quickly - they would like to get to the second or
third value rather quickly, but if they type too fast, the cursor does not
leave the first choice.  Telling staff to work slower is not an attractive
option.

Is it possible to disable this double-keytap feature?

Frank