KDM not working.

Izo I at siol.net
Wed Oct 15 11:22:28 BST 2003

I have installed KDE-3.1.92 with qt-3.2.1 with Konstruct, configured on
different directory as default KDE installation on two boxes.

The first one builds OK and besides some instabilities it works so far
so good.

The second one lets me log-in but does not start the desktop except for
icons - no background, no taskbar. Otherwise it works OK. The KDEPanel
reportedly fails due to the SIGSEGV of the kicker. See the backtrace
attached. I would rather not report it as bug report since I have 50% of
two tries success on running the new KDE and I am not sure if it was
real bug. There should be something in config that causes it fail. Maybe
somebody can help ?

Izo.