Recent KDE 3.1.4 install from source on RH9 system.

Dan Delgado steelwindenterprises at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 6 01:12:06 BST 2003

Any help from anyone who has installed KDE 3.1.4 on a
RH9 system and gotten it to 'look similarly' would be
>rockin'< :)

OK - I looked in various scripts and saw mention of
font directories in startkde (both orig and new -
/usr/bin/startkde & /usr/local/bin/startkde)

I tracked the loc generated in the orig
/usr/bin/startkde (/usr/share/fonts) and copied it to
the existing /usr/local/kde/share/fonts directory
(saving the old) In effect, combining the 2.

Now I have more font choices in Control panel inc some
of the ones that were missing. Sans 10 is still not
there and now there must be a closer match because the
new 'std' fonts are small like my stock install KDE s
but seem to be less sharp. I set AA on like in the
stock system but it is the same prob. I am assuming
once I track the Sans down I should be ok...

Lastly, the fonts I moved still refer to embedded locs
of /usr/share etc, not a prob cos I left the old one -
once I want to make this install 'independent' I will
need to start moving some things over and probably
editing the files.

Thanks,
Dan
--- Dan Delgado <steelwindenterprises at yahoo.com>