cups and kde

Seth Rothberg sethmr at bellatlantic.net
Fri Oct 3 23:05:13 BST 2003

Hi,

I've got cups set up, but the kde print manager says it cannot connect to the
cups server. The exact message: "Unable to retrieve the printer list. Error
message received from manager. Connection to CUPS server failed. Check that
the CUPS server is correctly installed and running. Error: connection
refused."

Now, I can't tell you whether or not the cups server is correctly installed,
but I can tell you that it's up and running. I can print test pages via cups
web admin pages to both my printers, one local and one networked.

My kde is from cvs. CUPS is version 1.1.19.

Any help on this will be greatly apprieciated.

TIA,

Seth