KDM from KDE3.2beta1

Izo I at siol.net
Wed Nov 12 09:10:42 GMT 2003

I am using the script like this in $HOME/.bashrc for new KDE:

export QTDIR=/usr/local/qt-3.2.2
export KDEDIR=/usr/local/kdeCVS

KDEVDIR=/usr/local/gideon-kdeCVS
ACDIR=/usr/local/autoconf-2.57
AMDIR=/usr/local/automake-1.7.8

export QMAKESPEC=$QTDIR/mkspecs/linux-g++

export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$QTDIR/lib:$KDEDIR/lib:$KDEVDIR/lib
export LIBRARY_PATH=$LD_LIBRARY_PATH

export PATH=$KDEDIR/bin:$QTDIR/bin:$ACDIR/bin:$AMDIR/bin:$KDEVDIR/bin:$PATH

export KDEHOME=~/.kdeCVS

export KDEDIRS=$KDEVDIR:$KDEDIRS

Note that I had to install new autolocal, autoconf, qt and additionally
kdevelop. If you do not need to set up something like them, exclude the
lines from script. Using KDEHOME you can have two local .kde directories
to be used with original and newly installed KDE.