KMail&MozillaFirebird

James Richard Tyrer tyrerj at acm.org
Wed Nov 12 00:48:47 GMT 2003

David Corbin wrote:
>>Where to set up %u ?
>

> Control Center/Kde Components/File Associations/text/html
>
> Although I find this an incredibly BAD place.  There ought to be somewhere
> that says, what program do use to process HTTP protocol, without regard to
> what the file type is.

Actually, you have stumbled upon a serious bug in KDE.  If you set it to
use a browser other than the KHTML part for Konqueror then it will also use
that browser to open an HTML file. :-(

This appears to be a logical consequence of the two level configuration for
the MIME type: 'text/html'.  You first need to select Konqueror as the
application and then configure Konqueror to use the KHTML part as a plugin.

You should be able to choose a browser for URLs starting with 'http' while
still using Konqueror to open an HTML file which resides on your system or
local network.

--
JRT