KMail&MozillaFirebird

Kevin Krammer kevin.krammer at gmx.at
Tue Nov 11 13:40:26 GMT 2003

On Tuesday 11 November 2003 14:05, David Corbin wrote:
> > Where to set up %u ?
>
> Control Center/Kde Components/File Associations/text/html
>
> Although I find this an incredibly BAD place.  There ought to be
> somewhere that says, what program do use to process HTTP protocol,
> without regard to what the file type is.

HTTP is just the transport, for KDE apps it is handled by kio_http the
HTTP IO slave.
The MIME type of the transfered data isn't important to the protocol
handler, it has to match the capabilities of the application using the
transport.

If I have a HTML file I want it opened and displayed in a browser.
If I have an image file I want it opened by an image viewer.
I don't want a HTML file opened by an image viewer just because the file's
URL has protocol 'file' and I don't want an image loaded in a browser
just because its URL has protocol 'http'

Cheers,
Kevin

Kevin Krammer <kevin.krammer at gmx.at>
Developer at the Kmud Project http://www.kmud.de/