Font question

Pulat Yunusov pulat at primedatasolutions.com
Wed Nov 5 21:29:34 GMT 2003

On November 5, 2003 02:15 pm, Eugene Nine wrote:
> I'm not sure if this is KDE specific or not, I have some old documents that
> were written with DOS Edit and have higher ASCII symbols in them.  I'm
> trying to open them with Kwrite or Kword but need a Font with the higher
> ASCII symbols.  I seem to remember I either found one in Windows to do this
> or edited one myself copying the symbols from a symbol font over to a
> regular font but in the appripriate ASCII values.  Is there a font I can
> use with KDE/Linux to get these symbols without re editing my docuement?
>
> Eugene Nine

I believe any Latin-1 (ISO-8859-1) font will do the trick because, as far as I
know, that encoding includes ASCII and what you refer to as higher ASCII
characters. What problem exactly do you have when you open your documents in
KWrite or KWord?

Pulat
http://primedatasolutions.com/
Websites. Databases. Security.