Some KDE 3.2 beta 1 issues

imobachgs at softhome.net imobachgs at softhome.net
Wed Nov 5 20:44:21 GMT 2003

Hi all,

This is my first post to this list. I've been looking for
an answer in the archives but I haven't found any.

I've builded and installed this KDE beta using
Konstruct. KDE starts up pretty well, but I've found
the following issues:

1) There is no kcontrol modules... the index is empty :-(
However, I've found this items in the K-Menu, but
under a group called "Unknown".

2) Konqueror doesn't show me all the images.
For example, I can't see the Google logo using
Konqueror. However, I can see another images.

3) I can't send mail via SMTP with my dear KMail. It only
shows an error message in the bar below and "nothing else
matters" ;-). Also I have configured to authenticate before
sending a message (my ISP works this way) and KMail
doesn't ask for a password.

Obviously, before I submit new bugs to bugs.kde.org,
I would like to confirm those errors. Maybe they could
be cause by a misconfiguration from my self.

Any ideas?

Thank you.
 --
Imobach González Sosa