konqueror and sessions: is this a bug?

daniel danstemporaryaccount at yahoo.ca
Sat Nov 1 16:30:59 GMT 2003

i wrote a small web app in php that uses sesssions to maintain user privileges
between pages.  now, between individual pages, it seems to work, but if one
of the links in the app that i click on happens to open a popup (which
includes the session_start(); function), the a new session id is created,
rather than keeping the old one used on the previous pages.

in internet explorer and mozilla, the session id is kept the same throughout,
regardless of whether we're using a popup or not.  but konqueror is breaking
my app.

so my question is:  is this a bug or a feature?  if it's a bug, i won't fix my
site and wait for the fix.  if it's more standards compliant than the other
two (moz & ie) then i'll have to do some serious editing....

thanks for the help ;-)

--
when the missionaries came to africa they had the bible and we had the land.
they said "let us pray."  we closed our eyes.  when we opened them we had the