using kplayer from konqueror

James Richard Tyrer tyrerj at acm.org
Sat Nov 1 00:24:40 GMT 2003

dcw wrote:
> On Thursday 30 October 2003 06:55 am, imr wrote:
>
>>On Thursday 30 October 2003 04:36, dcw wrote:
>>
>>>Thanks for your quick response. see comments inline.
>>>
>>>David
>>>When I click on the icon for the webcast it takes me to an
>>>information page. When I submit the info page then it starts the
>>>webcast. So there is no icon for the file itself.
>>
>>Then you can reach it in konqueror with configuration -> configure
>>konqueror It's also in the control center of kde, kcontrol.
>

> Since there is no icon how do I determine what extension to use?
> David

You probably won't have to determine a file extension, you only need the
MIME type for streaming video.

Do you know which type of video it is (e.g. RealPlayer, M$MP, etc)?

For RealPlayer (if it uses the plugin), it is: audio/x-pn-realaudio-plugin

NOTE: yes for historical reasons (I guess) it is under: "audio".

For M$ (if it uses the plugin), it is: video/x-ms-asf-plugin

If it isn't a type that uses the plugin, you can get the file extension by
right clicking the link and choosing: "Copy Link Location" and examining
the link.

--
JRT