Confused about libsmb reqs

Guy Benson gbbenson68 at netscape.net
Fri May 30 09:34:25 BST 2003

Hello,

I'm in the process of gathering the various
required/recommended/optional bits necessary for compilation of KDE
3.1.2, and I came across libsmb. The web site which the Reqs page points
to seems a bit old; the code is from '99. Is there a more recent version
of libsmb out there? I downloaded this code, and it won't even compile
for me using the recommended gcc 2.95.3 (with glibc 2.3.2). Also, I've
seen various information alluding to the libsmbclient in the Samba code,
which makes me wonder if I really need libsmb at all.

Thanks in advance for the clarification.

Regards,

Guy