xhost + doesn't work in KDE 3.1.2

Nick THOMPSON nickthompson at agere.com
Thu May 29 16:17:35 BST 2003

Óscar,

If you have ssh configured to allow ForwardX11 (looking in
/etc/ssh/ssh_config, though maybe '-X' forces it anyway?) you shouldn't
end up with ':0.0' set for DISPLAY - unless you have something
overriding it in your login scripts. Assuming the defaults (esp. new
displays starting at 10), and assuming you have the first ssh session on
the remote machine 'echo $DISPLAY' should give you 'localhost:10.0'. If
not something is wrong with ssh or your login scripts (or the defaults
in e.g. /etc/profile). At this point it doesn't look like a KDE issue to
me.

Nick.