Idea for KDE Project

Kevin Krammer kevin.krammer at gmx.at
Wed May 28 20:07:51 BST 2003

Hi

please try next time to send a new mail instead of replying to a not
related one.

On Wednesday 28 May 2003 14:18, mirza wrote:

> Many problems in kde have it's roots in fact that every distro uses
> different KDE folders. Wouldn't be easy to map ALL those folders
> somewere inside LSB unix folder tree, as recommendation to distro
> producers, and list distros on KDE.org that follows these rules as "KDE
> friendly distros". In present, I install one distro afer another to
> recognise that every distro has it's own folders and environment
> variables defined. (if all ditros have same kde dirs no environment
> vars are needed).

You would still need KDEDIRS to allow local, self compiled packages to go
into a different directory.
It think it does not matter where a distribution puts its KDE files,
because you can put your self compiled programs whereever you want.

Cheers,
Kevin
Kevin Krammer <kevin.krammer at gmx.at>
Developer at the Kmud Project http://www.kmud.de/