Help with SpamAssassin

Henrik Jacobsson henrik.jacobsson.1245 at student.uu.se
Tue May 20 16:57:40 BST 2003

* rbe (rbe at flash.net) wrote:
> I got the latest version of SpamAssassin, and installed it, but it
> doesn't work with the old Filter commands.  I've now got version 1.53
> and did have 1.45.  I was told a significant change took place in 1.50,
> so I'm guessing part of the problem was that the commands changed.
>
> For one thing, I filtered all mail less that 250K through "spamassassn
> - -a" and then moved everything marked with "***** SPAM *****" to the
> spam folder.  However, after the upgrade, nothing seems to work.
>
> Does anyone know how to set this thing up?

I'm no SpamAssassin-wiz, but I recall that the defaults changed recently
WRT how the spam is tagged.  Before, SA changed the subject to *** SPAM
*** or something, but now it keeps the subjectline intact.
Try to change the filter to look for :X-Spam-Flag: YES instead of *** SPAM ***.
Worked for me..  HTH. /Hj