_Re: Part II re: RE-setting the Panel

Daniel daniel__gauthier at yahoo.com
Wed May 14 06:55:14 BST 2003

Hello all:

Here is the update as mentionned in my previous email.

When I'm in root, the KPanel a.k.a kicker does appear.  It
is only when I'm in user mode that it does not start.

On both side I did try to go and *see* the
/.kde/share/config/kickerrc file.

The Kedit program I'm using does not allow me to see the
hidden files, therefore I can't delete the
/.kde/share/config/kickerrc file as it is not located there
(or at least if it is located there, I don't have access to
it?).

Could it be that the whole file changed location OR that
I'm missing something to be able to access it?

I don't beleive I deleted any files since KDE is running.
As I attempted to open kdeinit I got the following message:

  kdeinit could not launch kfmclient

Should I continue my search in that direction?

Also, as I see that my previous email did not get posted,
would it be more appropriate not to use this mail-list and
email to your admin group on an individual basis?

If one of you, i.e. those who answered me:  Waldo, Kevin,
Basil or Joerg can be allocated to me, I would very very
much appreciate and feel less shy to respond with the
outputs of what I attempté  What do think?

oH, before sending this email:  I noticed that I could not
even start the "kicker" in terminal mode?

Ghee, I hope what I'm giving you in terms of information is
of help.

Would there be, may be, a manual page that I can consult on
how to reset the whole userid side of the desktop?

Daniel.