Accent marks

Basil Fowler bjfowler at chanzy.eclipse.co.uk
Wed May 7 20:50:02 BST 2003

This is not a KDE matter, rather an XFree matter.  You can edit you own
keyboard layout to use the Alt-Gr and Shift-Alt-Gr to provide the characters
that you want.  I use a French keyboard with customised extensions.

First look in your XF86Config file. In my SuSE 8.0 setup it is in the /etc/X11
directory.  Note which layout is used.  Then go to /etc/X11/xkb/symbols and
search out the corresponding file.  MAKE A BACKUP.  You can then edit the
keyboard file to do what you want.  READ THE DOCUMENTATION before you start.

Once properly edited, restart X and you will have your new custom keyboard.

Hope this helps

Basil