Deadkeys not working in 3.1.1

Michael Adam micada at web.de
Sat May 3 21:10:14 BST 2003

Am Montag, 28. April 2003 13:09 schrieb martin f krafft:
> [please CC me on responses]
>
> Hi KDE Team,
>
> I am trying to get deadkeys working on a German keyboard. i set it
> up as 105 int'l with a German layout and the basic variant, having
> previously disabled "nodeadkeys" in XF86Config-4. Now the deadkeys
> work in the login screen of kdm, but as soon as KDE starts, they
> cease to work. entering 'a just creates an a, entering `a produces
> `a in konsole, kate, and others. in openoffice, the two don't do
> anyting and don't even produce the vowel.
>
> Could you please help me out and point me to what I am doing wrong?
>
> I am using KDE 3.1.1-1 from the Debian tree.
>
> Thanks...
>
> [please CC me on responses]
I dont know if this helps, but my rehat-box refused deadkeys as long as I had
a "xkbModel" "pc105" in XF86Config(-4) which seems to be a misconfiguration
in keytables.
Altering to  >>Option      "xkbModel" "pc104"<< reenabeld deadkeys -no matter
what keyboard choosen in KDE Controlcenter,
but different to your problem deaadkeys were also refused in login screen.

Michael