KonCD issues, plus ...

Howard Coles Jr. dhcolesj at bellsouth.net
Sat May 3 04:14:19 BST 2003

On Friday 02 May 2003 11:35 am, John Sowden wrote:
> A follow-up to a previous question.  Sometimes (often), I leave questions
> that never ( > 1 month) get answered.  Is thus because I went to the wrong
> list (suse/kde,etc.), or no one knows the answer, or ...
>
> On Friday 21 February 2003 06:26 pm, John Sowden wrote:
> > I am still having a problem switching from KDE to a console (full screen)
> > and not being able to return.
>
> I get an "input not supported " graphics screen box on my console screen.
> (kde 3.0, suse 8.0)

I understand your frustration, but the problem isn't all with the other people
on the list.  It may be because you didn't put enough in the question for
anyone to answer.  Or, the subject doesn't match the problem and they see the
subject and say, "I don't know much about that" and ignore it either way,
(like I almost did).  And a lot of people on this list are extremely picky,
and anal about things being just their way.  God forbid you should get upset
with a problem and rant about it.  They think its a personal attack against
their first born or something.  So next time put as much info about each of
the problems in separate email messages to the list.  And, make the subject
of the messages match the ONE problem in the message.  2 problems = 2
messages.  Works much better this way.  This way I can search for messages
about KonCD and not get one about switching consoles.

But,
IF you [Ctrl]+[Alt]+[F2]  you should get tty2, is this what you mean by,
"can't switch" or are you doing it a different way?
Look in your inittab and make sure mingetty or something like it is loading
multiple times.  If not do some searching on how to load it or post a
question about that.

--
See Ya'
Howard Coles Jr.

	"The act of faith is the obedience of the understanding
	 to God revealing, and the product of that is the obedience
	 of the will to God commanding."
		Matthew Henry, on Romans 1:5