pessimal scrolling with khtml (can anyone confirm?)

Denys Duchier duchier at ps.uni-sb.de
Tue Mar 25 21:21:15 GMT 2003

When viewing certain HTML pages with konqueror, scrolling speed and
smoothness (when continually pressing an arrow key) can be extremely
poor.  Mozilla does not exhibit this problem.  I'd like my favorite
browser to behave just as well.

I attach a HTML document below to illustrate the problem.  While the
document has one element with CSS position:fixed, this only
exarcerbates the problem.  It can also be perceived without it,
although to a much lesser extent (but I can tell that scrolling is
neither as smooth nor as fast as with Mozilla).

My setup is (mostly bleeding edge) Gentoo 1.4, Xfree86 4.3.0, KDE
3.1.1, nVidia driver 3123, default font family "Verdana".

Can anyone confirm the problem?