Am I wasting my time with Red Hat?

gabriel the.angel.gabriel at rogers.com
Fri Mar 21 12:49:42 GMT 2003

On March 21, 2003 06:42 am, Martin Thomas wrote:
> Am I being too harsh on Red Hat, or would it be better if I switched
> to a differant distro?

yes
you're wasting your time
  (bring on the flames)
redhat has refused to keep its desktop software up to date
favouring in most cases gnome.  often, if you want a software upgrade, you
have to upgrade your entire distro... which often requires a complete wipe
and re-install.

see this:

  www.mosfet.org/noredhat.html

then check out gentoo:

  www.gentoo.org

--
with our basic freedom in stake, no response can be too extreme. there maybe
some minor and *temporary* abridgments in the traditionally protected areas,