Am I wasting my time with Red Hat?

Martin Thomas martin.thomas at whsmithnet.co.uk
Fri Mar 21 11:42:08 GMT 2003

I have Red Hat 8.0 and I am teaching myself how to use the various
tools and libraries, with a view to developing Linux software,
probably for KDE. I would like to update to KDE 3.1, but note that
according to the KDE web site, Red Hat are not supplying RPM files to
do this.

On top of this, Red Hat seem to have scattered the KDE files all over
the place. There is no main KDE directory, so it is awkward to figure
things out.

Am I being too harsh on Red Hat, or would it be better if I switched
to a differant distro?

Any suggestions appreciated.
-
Martin Thomas