KMail/kio_smtp high load

Jorge Schramm js at leogic.com
Tue Mar 18 17:03:20 GMT 2003

Hi all,

I'm having a very mysterious behaviour of kio_smtp: it's *constantly* using
50-70% of my desktop-system :(

ProcessTable:
Name       PID  User% System% Nice VmSize VmRSS Login Command
kio_smtp        19%   67.5%      0  21292  9688 js    kdeinit: kio_smtp smtp
/tmp/ksocket-js/klauncherN0Lgjb.slave-socket
/tmp/ksocket-js/kmailA6zkRa.slave-socket
(these lines should be in one line ;)

The first file does exist, the second doesn't. But this cannot be the reason
as on my notebook the process table also displays two /tmp/ksocketXX, where
the first exists but not the second (guess what: user and system load=0% and
after a while it disappears).

Does anyone have an idea, what's wrong with my system?

Another difference between my desktop and notebook: on my desktop there's a
file /tmp/ksocket-js/kmailx6MVeb.slave-socket, where as on my notebook no
kmail* file in /tmp/ksocket-js...

Some information about my desktop:
I'm the owner of /tmp/ksocket-js and the files in there.
My partition still has about 4G.
I'm using KDE 3.1

Thanks in advance,
Jorge